- 1 (12 ounce) bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- large cooking apple, chopped
- 1/2 Tbs and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 orange zest and juice
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until apple is tender and mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or as a condiment with pork, ham, chicken or turkey.