Makes a great side dish for any entree. Serves 6
- 4 Strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon (diced)
- 1/2 Cup of Yellow Onion (diced)
- 3 Cups of Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Cut into 1/2 inch Cubes
- 1 to 2 Tbs of Tim's Texas 2 Step BBQ Citrus Rub
- Cook bacon in non-stick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, reserving fat in skillet.
- Add onions, 1 tsp Tim's Texas 2 Step BBQ Citrus Rub to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened.
- Stir in potatoes and 2 tsp more of Citrus Rub and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender and are starting to brown. 10 - 14 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and more rub to taste.