- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 cup, plus 3 tbs granulated sugar; divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish (11 x 7 or 8-inch square)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder and salt; stir to blend.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended
- Pour the batter over the melted butter.
- Toss the peaches with the remaining 3 tbs of sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Arrange the peach slices over the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm with a little heavy cream, whipped topping, or scoop of vanilla ice cream.